Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 19: Define happiness in your own words

Its quite ironic that I decided to write on this today, and that this is my challenge. This morning I was reading in Hebrews chapter 4 and it was all about rest. How we need rest, God commands us to rest and that not resting is directly disobeying Him. After that I read "Walking with God" by John Eldridge and this particular chapter was talking about Joy, and how most of us have completely taken joy out of our life and replaced it with the "will to survive" to be truly happy is a foreign feeling to us, when the Bible says "and the joy of the Lord will be your strength"

Think about the last time you were truly happy. Maybe it was a camping trip, a horseback ride, backyard football, playing cards with your family, maybe just taking a walk. After that event or day or couple hours, how empowered did you feel? I know that after a good day (like yesterday which ill get to later) I feel like I can take on the word, to be able to smile just for the simple fact that you had a good day is a great feeling. I know that I need to start smiling more, and alot more. People often tell me I look or seem like I'm in a bad mood and this really irks me because I am not in a bad mood and no one ever believes me, so then I get in a bad mood because I'm being questioned for no reason. I blame part of that on my personality but that is no excuse to not smile or act as happy as I am feeling.

Happiness: When you can smile for no reason at all, and know that you love and are loved.



SWITCH:
Started my co-op! and I cannot telling you how many ways God has already blessed me, and its only my 4th day! For those of you who don't know I am working at Bridal Divas Ink as an intern. We make wedding stationary for Brides. I have been working a full eight hours every single day and I cannot get enough of it. I am in charge of the Bridal Divas Blog which is going to be fun since I no NOTHING about getting married, but I have learned a whole heck of a lot in the last three days and cannot wait to learn more! I realize that not that many people read this which is fine but if any of you are married or are getting married and have ideas that you would want a blog written about please feel free to let me know! I would love ideas =)

Also, last night Stacy (my boss) took me to an AWESOME class put on by Bad Girl Ventures. Its basically "how to run your own small business" for women. And it is truly AMAZING. I met so many people and got a ton of business cards and I am just an intern! there were so many experts there and a lot of them offered free consultations for Bad Girl members! ahh it was awesome and I am so excited to start working on the social media for BDI. its going to be a great summer everyone! I hope you are all doing well!

God is Love
Christ is Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment