Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 16: the happiest day of your life

Yes I realize I missed like a full month of this. and I could say I was busy but that would be a lie. This post really had me stumped, mainly because I believe everything in life is relative ( got that from my dad) and this is no exception. The happiest day of someones life depends on where they are in life at that time. So after thinking for almost a month on what the happiest day of my life was, I decided I'm going to write about every happy thing that I can remember happening to me. that I would have believed to be my "happiest days". So here goes.

1. one of the earliest happy times I can remember was playing softball for little league. It used to be what I did, softball softball softball. My dad was always my coach, and if you know anything about how little league works if your dad is your coach you are automatically on that team. so there were dads that were always coaches and girls that were always not on my team. One Dad always had a good team, every year. Along with ours. and almost every year they won, and this particular year was no different. It was the end of the season and they were practically undefeated, and had already won that year. We were playing at the new ball diamonds they had just finished. I had almost a rivalry with this other Dad's daughter, and was determined to win this game even if it didnt mean anything for the final record. Now this turns into the typical baseball story. Bases loaded, 2 outs. you know the rest. And I hit a home run. (or grand slam in this case) and as I rounded third and came into home, I tripped on the new home plate, cause it was still sticking out of the ground from being put in. I slid on my knees then had to get back up and run back to touch the plate. It was a nasty wound (and i still have the scar to prove it) but it was by far on the best moments ive ever had. I couldn't even tell you if we won the game, and at that point, I didn't really care.

2. The next thing I remember after that is being at Lake Cumberland, we had just bought our houseboat and it was fall. We could go down all year round because nick and I were only in 5th and 6th grade so school sports hadnt started yet. Nick and I had wet suits so we could swim in the cold water. We took the boat out and tied up in Beavercreek at a place we call Butterfly Point. the water was high and there were a lot of trees (yes whole trees) floating in the water. We found one that we named Junina. Why we named it I couldn't tell you but she was the best floating tree ever =P I remember nick and I sitting on opposite sides of her and floating in the middle of the cove, and I tell you we did everything to keep that tree close to our boat. That was a very happy time, new houseboat, with my family, on the lake when NO one else was, and floating on a tree. The simplicity of it is just amazing =)

3. Being able to learn how to horseback ride is probably next. in 7th grade i met my best friend Morgan and she and her mom taught me how to ride horses.  I cannot tell you how much I love horses. first of all I love big animals such as mastiffs and great danes. so I obviously love horses as well. I do not have horses nor have I ever owned one but being around them is just an awesome experience for me. I find nothing more peaceful than the thought of riding a horse. so needless to say learning how to ride was a wonderfully happy time for me.

4.  two words. Varsity Volleyball. on the final day of tryouts after being told I was one of two freshman on the varsity volleyball team I was on cloud nine. and almost every day of volleyball after that day were some of the happiest days of my life. I guess sports seem to have that effect on me.. on and winning because i am the sorest loser you will ever meet.

5. Meeting Derek Amanda and Mark. after having one of the most horrible freshman years of high school (yes it wasnt all that bad in comparison to other peoples but it was bad for me) meeting the people that would later become my best friends was also one of the happiest times of my life. I couldn't tell you how much they meant to me. but I know I wouldn't be where I am without them.

6. Getting accepted to DAAP. people always tell me I kind of lack emotion. or I have problems expressing my emotions. and I have NEVER been the type to jump up and down screaming. but this is the ONE exception to that statement. I believe my dad and I were both jumping up and down and running around the house. I applied to DAAP on august 2, 2008. And I found out I was accepted on January 30, 2009. I don't think I have ever wanted something so much and to finally get it was beyond a joyful experience. And I try to never take for granted how blessed I am that I knew what I wanted to do the first time around. with no major changes or anything like that.

7. Realizing I finally found the love of my life. that is such a cliche term but it is so true. and once again I won't write too long about it because I realize how annoying it is to people that aren't me. I am pretty sure I haven't stopped being happy since mid April. So I am just combining it into one big happy event. The amount of joy he brings me is un-measurable and I have only gotten to see him once since we've started dating. yes I realize its crazy. but its a crazy feeling being so certain of something and I don't care what other people thing of me. :) last happiest day of my life as of recently. the day I got to see Mark for the first time since we started dating. and knowing I'd drive to the moon and back just to see him for a couple hours.

God is Love
Christ is Truth

2 comments:

  1. I read all of this and it's refreshing, I like reading your blogs, you're positive and compared to me that's a nice change :P

    ReplyDelete