Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Garden

So I decided that my regular plants weren't providing me enough feedback in my daily life. Selfish, I know but in leu of getting a pet I decided to get plants that produce things!! Like food! So Mark and I ventured to Home Depot and started the search for the perfect window sil plant. After standing in the rain for twenty minutes debating on plant types, I picked out: a bundle of onions, strawberries, oregano and basil.


Picking out planting soil was another venture that I was not ready for but after coming to terms with my forgetfulness when it comes to watering plants, I got the soil that was "designed" for over and under watering. Essentially "mariah this is YOUR soil".



The planting begins!! I now have two gardens, one in each window sil. Herbs and Onions in one, Strawberries and Onions in the other!


So three weeks after purchasing my plants and such. I NOW HAVE BABY STRAWBERRIES!!!  Guys I am so excited, I can't even tell you.



So that is my garden update =) I will keep you posted on my new food growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment